Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Developing ROR using Emacs

I saw a few screencast on using Emacs to do ROR development but I was not able to setup emacs to try it out until I saw this five part series on setting up Emacs for Ruby on Rails development from Software bits and pieces.

http://sodonnell.wordpress.com/the-emacs-newbie-guide-for-rails/

After following guide step by steps I was able to get emacs up and running for developing ROR. Initially emacs started up with an error and it wasn't able to go into ROR mode. I found out I was missing inf-ruby which you can get it here. If you following the tutorial then put this file in your c:/emacs-22.1/includes/ directory. After putting the file there, everything works.

I found another site, credmp, also with instructions on how to setup emacs for ROR development. Ruby On Rails and Emacs It also list out the snippets that the emacs-rails supports.

2 comments:

Stephen O'Donnell said...

Thanks for the link to Software Bits and Pieces. I must have missed the fact I skipped inf-ruby from my instructions, as I had copied it in there already.

Good to see someone is getting some use out of the Tutorial - I must fix that little error!

suresh said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


Ruby Development