Friday, March 02, 2007

Great tips for .Net developers moving over to Ruby

Over at Softies on Rails, Jeff Cohen has a great on going series of articles titled, Ruby on Rails for .Net developers. The latest one is on map and collection. I find them quite interesting and helpful. In his example, he has C# codes and the equivalent Ruby codes for us to have a frame of reference when learning to write code in the Ruby way.

I am a .Net developer by day and a Ruby adventurer by night. Although, I am trying to use more and more Ruby code in my day job. I am currently using Ruby for all my scripting needs. Before Ruby, I was using Perl and that was an adventure.

Anyway, if you are a .Net developer and wondering what Ruby is all about then you definitely should check out Softies on Rails.

No comments: