Friday, March 02, 2007

Netbeans 6 and auto completion

I started to use Netbeans for all my ruby programming tasks and the auto completion is wonderful. Before, I had to search around Ruby Doc for various libraries and methods but now I can just type the class name and press ctrl-space to get all the methods info. I do find one problem with the auto completion though. When I am editing a single file and not a ruby project, I don't get any auto completion help beside the basic variables within the file. I do get the syntax highlighting though. Unfortunately, a lot of my ruby scripts are quick and dirty and do not warrant creating a whole project just to write it. Maybe there is a way to activate the auto completion in single file editing mode. Anyway, beside that little problem, everything is working great so far.

No comments: